Monday, July 1, 2013

The People of Kenya.

I am sorry it has been a couple days since I posted the last few days have been very busy! Yesterday was my first experience at a church service in Kenya! I must say that you have not lived until you have seen a small child about the age of 3-4 stand up in front of a  hundred people say "Praise God"  "Praise God Again"!  I have noticed a few things about the Kenya's  they are a strong willed determined people.  Some of you may know that most of the children at The House of Hope are there because their parent have died due to HIV or AIDS.  Most of the kids from the slums some mom's are still living and some are not. I know of women that have AIDS have sent their child to the House of Hope because she knows her time is short and she also knows that her child will be safe at HOH.
I have seen a strengthen in the Kenya's that I haven't seen anywhere else.  Yesterday at church the ladies had on their very best dresses and the men had on suits.
 I also saw a man on a motorcycle with a couch very carefully balanced on the back of  said motorcycle.  From what I have observed God is the center of their world and yes their are bad people out there,but the Holy Spirt is all and well at HOH and in the surrounding community.

Everyone on the team is doing great, although I will ask for special prayers for my self as my tummy has not agreed with anything.



Keep the prayers coming!

Smile God loves YOU!
HH

No comments:

Post a Comment